Toyota Dashboard Light Symbols Meanings
When you’re driving around the Statesboro, Metter, and Sylvania, Georgia, area, and a light pops up on your dashboard, it can cause concern. However, not all lights mean something is amiss with your Toyota. This is why knowing your Toyota dashboard light meanings is crucial.
In this guide, Franklin Toyota will define some of the most frequently-seen dashboard indicators, so you can react accordingly whether there’s an issue with your Toyota or not.
Toyota Dashboard Lights & What They Mean
- ABS Warning Light: This light, which will show as up as “ABS” on your dashboard, may indicate something wrong with your anti-lock braking or brake assist system. Though your normal brakes will work, sudden and emergency braking may not. Make sure to visit an authorized Toyota dealer to have your model inspected as soon as possible.
- Charging System Warning Light: If you see a little battery pop up on your dash, chances are your charging system is malfunctioning. This can affect everything from your interior electric features to your battery. Pull over when it’s safe to do so and contact your certified Toyota mechanic for further details.
- Electric Power Steering Warning Light: If there’s a problem with your electric power steering, you’ll see a symbol that resembles a steering wheel with an exclamation point next to it. As this can result in loss of control of your vehicle, make sure to have this inspected immediately.
- Low Engine Oil Pressure Warning Light: If you see an oil can symbol while driving, it may mean your oil pressure is too low. This can cause serious issues while driving, so stop the vehicle as soon as possible and contact your Toyota dealer’s service center ASAP.
- Low Fuel Level Warning Light: When your Toyota needs more gas, a gas pump symbol will appear letting you know it’s about time to hit up a gas station. If not, you may find yourself stranded and out of gas.
- Seatbelt Reminder: When the driver or front passenger hasn’t buckled up, a light featuring a person wearing a safety belt will appear on your dash. You’ll also hear a chime to remind everyone to fasten their seatbelts for optimal safety.
- Tire Pressure Warning Light: If your vehicle’s diagnostic system indicates one or more of your tires has low pressure, a symbol of a tire with an exclamation point in the middle will show. This means you have a flat tire or one of your tires needs air, so fill up as soon as possible to remain safe on the road.
- Turn Signal Indicator: When you put on your turn signal, an arrow pointing to the left or right will blink on and off. However, if these lights are flashing faster than normal or aren’t working, one of your turn signal lights may be out. Have this checked by a professional to resolve the issue.
Dashboard Lights And Symbols Meanings
Whether you have an issue with your Toyota indicated by your dashboard symbols, or you think one of your warning lights is on in error, turn to the service team at Franklin Toyota. Our certified technicians are always happy to help drivers stay safe on the road and fix any issues under the hood.
Make your appointment today by calling or using our online scheduling tool. We proudly serve drivers around Statesboro, Metter, and Sylvania, GA.